CLICK HERE FOR A CONSULTATION
Adam G. Slote
ADAM G. SLOTE practices in the areas of administrative law (professional licensing), litigation and business law. He has been in practice since 1988. Adam opened his own practice in 1992 with the goal of utilizing technology to provide high-quality legal services efficiently and cost-effectively.
CALIFORNIA ADMINISTRATIVE LAW
Adam has defended professionals and businesses in administrative law (license law) cases since 1991. His licensing practice is state wide. He has extensive experience in hearings before the California Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) as well as experience filing Appeals/Writs of Administrative Mandamus (Mandate) to the Superior Court of California and to the Court of Appeal.
He has handled cases involving the following agencies:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Accountancy, Board of
- Acupuncture Board
- Alcoholic Beverage Control, Department of (ABC) and Alcoholic Beverage Control Appeals Board
- Architects Board
- Automotive Repair, Bureau of (BAR)
- Barbering and Cosmetology, Bureau of
- Behavioral Sciences, Board of (BBS, formerly BBSE)
- Chiropractic Examiners, Board of
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- Contractors State License Board
- Dental Board
- Fish and Game Commission (Commercial Fishing)
- Geologists and Geophysicists (Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists)
- Health Care Services, Department of (formerly Department of Health Services)
- Hearing Aid Dispensers Board (formerly Hearing Aid Examiners Committee)
- Insurance, Department of
- Medical Board (including Psychiatry and Podiatry)
- Motor Vehicles, Department of (DMV)
- Occupational Therapy Board
- Osteopathic Medical Board
- Pharmacy Board
- Physical Therapy Board
- Podiatric Medicine, Board of
- Psychology, Board of
- Professional Engineers (Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists)
- Public Health, Department of (formerly Department of Health Services)
- Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
- Real Estate, Bureau of (BRE)
- Real Estate Appraisers, Bureau of (formerly OREA)
- Registered Nursing, Board of (BRN)
- Respiratory Care Board
- Secretary of State
- Security and Investigative Services, Bureau of (BSIS)
- Social Services, Department of
- Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, Board of
- Police Permits
- Board of Appeals (Formerly Board of Permit Appeals)
Educational Certification Agencies
- ECFMG (licensure of foreign physicians and medical students)
- ACE (American Council on Education)
BUSINESS LAW AND LITIGATION
Adam serves as counsel to Internet and technology start-ups, small manufacturers, consultants, traditional retailers, and licensed businesses and professionals in regulated industries. He handles general corporate law matters, contracts, leases and litigation. Adam has significant jury trial experience.
In 1998, Adam co-founded and served as General Counsel for ifan, Inc., a provider of affinity e-mail selected by the San Francisco Giants, San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Angels and Mighty Ducks, Chicago Cubs and New York Mets. ifan was acquired by Mail.com (formerly Nasdaq: MAIL, later Nasdaq: EASY) in December 1999.
Also in the 1990's, Adam co-founded iLawyer® which worked with the American Bar Association to develop a national network of bar association lawyer referral services on the Internet. iLawyer was taken over by the Bar Association of the City of New York.
Adam is a member of the State Bar of California and the California Academy of Attorneys for Healthcare Professionals (CAAHCP).
Prior to forming his own practice in 1992, Adam was an associate with the San Francisco law firm of Dobbs, Berger, Molinari, Vannelli, Nadel & Links and a trial attorney with the Los Angeles County Public Defender's Office.
BA, University of Pennsylvania,1985
JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1988
LEGAL PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
“Effect of Criminal Conviction on Professional Licenses” Chapter 53 in California Criminal Law - Procedure & Practice (Continuing Education of the Bar 2009-2015)
"Sync into the Cloud," California Lawyer magazine, October, 2013
Presentation to California Academy of Attorneys for Health Care Professionals, “Criminal convictions and the Substantial Relationship standard: Current developments,” August 14, 2012
"Managing More with Multiple Displays," California Lawyer magazine, May, 2010
Presentation to Committee on Administrative Law, State Bar of California, “California occupational licensing: A road block to employment, April 10, 2010
Consultant to Ruff, Susan A, Professional Licensing - Disciplinary Practice in California (Continuing Education of the Bar 2008)
“Saving Your Client’s License,” MCLE feature in California Lawyer magazine, September 2008
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Adam is a licensed pilot.