I need to disclose my criminal record on my license application. Can I check my own criminal record (rap sheet)?

Updated January 1, 2016

Yes. Ordering your criminal record will help you accurately disclose your criminal convictions on a license application. Instructions for obtaining your criminal record through the California Department of Justice are available here: http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security. If you have resided outside of California, then you should order your FBI record as well. Instructions for ordering your criminal record through the FBI are available here: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks.

Administrative Law Topics: