What do I do if I’ve been sued?

The first thing you should do is consult with a lawyer, preferably one experienced in the subject area of the case. Because there are time limits that restrict your ability to answer the charges, you should consult with a lawyer of your choice immediately. Do not delay. The minute you are served with a summons and complaint, you should take action to consult with a knowledgeable attorney who can protect your rights.