If you need a California medical license defense attorney, contact us as soon as possible. We defend physicians before the Medical Board of California in license denial and disciplinary action cases from investigation through administrative hearings and on appeal. We also represent doctors in matters involving the National Practitioners Data Bank (NPDB), hospital privileges, and Medical Provider Networks (MPN).
We defend physicians (and physician assistants) in the following areas:
- Investigations -- Read Medical Board Investigations: How California Doctors Should Respond before you answer any questions.
- Criminal Convictions (e.g., DUI cases) -- If you have been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol, read: Can the Medical Board of California deny a medical license because of one DUI conviction? One Superior Court said, "No."
- Settlement Negotiations
- Administrative Hearings
- Writs of Mandate (mandamus)
- Appeals to the California Court of Appeal (Writs of Review)
- Petitions for Reinstatement -- We have even helped nurses obtain reinstatement after a past license revocation.
- Interim Suspension Orders
- PTAL (Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter)
- National Practitioners Databank (NPDB) Appeals